Learn how to play Pool Player
Whether you are new to the game of 8 ball pool, or just need a refresher, PoolPlayer has what you need to learn how to play.
- If you are not a fan of reading instructions don’t worry, you can install the game and play in practice mode. Whether you’re completely new to the game or just looking to refresh your memory, the practice mode will help you to understand how the game works.
- If you don’t mind reading, see our game rules and instructions below.
- Looking for more? We will be adding videos to this page very soon, giving examples.
- Let’s start with the break. A player is randomly chosen to break to start the game. When making the break some balls (more than 2) must hit the railings. If you fail to do this, it is known as an invalid break and it will be the other players turn, with the ball in hand.
- If you pot a ball when breaking, you will be granted another turn.
- If you pot a striped ball and a solid ball when breaking, you will get another turn and you will still have the choice to choose which set of balls you wish to pot during the game.
- You have the choice to choose between a striped ball and a solid ball. If you pot a striped ball, then you must pot all striped balls before potting the black 8 ball. The same rule applies if you are potting solids.
- When taking a shot, if you fail to pot a ball it will be the other players turn.
- When taking a shot, if you fail to hit one of your own balls before another, this is a foul. The other player will be allowed to take the ball in hand and place it anywhere he/she wants to.
- When taking a shot, if you fail to pot a ball and fail to hit the railings with at least one ball, then this is a foul and then the other player will have the ball in hand.
- When taking a shot, if you fail to hit a ball, this is a foul and it will be the other players turn with the ball in hand.
- If you pot the white ball, this is a foul and it will be the other players turn with the ball in hand.
- If you pot the white ball when hitting the black 8 ball but fail to pot the black ball, then this is a foul and the other player will have the ball in hand.
- If you pot the white ball and the black ball at the same time, the other player wins.
- If you pot the black 8 ball and have not finished potting your coloured stripe or solid balls, then the other player wins.
- If you pot another players ball, this is a foul and it will be the other players turn, with the ball in hand.
- If you pot your ball first and then the other players ball during the same shot, this is not a foul and you will get another turn.
- You are given a certain amount of time to take your shot. If you fail to take your shot within the time given to you, you miss your turn, and then the other player will have the ball in hand.
- The player to pot all coloured balls and the black 8 ball first, wins.
- You can select from a number of games including 1vs1 games and tournaments. Or you can play in practice mode for free.
- You must have enough coins/money to enter a game. If you do not have enough coins/money, you can add coins/money to your account and try again. Pool Player also gives you 50+ free coins every 30-60 minutes.
- When you select your game, you will wait for your opponent. If there is no player available to play, then you can leave the game and wait for a notification when another play is ready to play.
- When you are matched with your random opponent, the game will begin.
- If you are waiting too long for an opponent, then this means that all active players are already playing a game and/or their are not enough players online for this particular game. It is recommended that you try to play another game if you are not getting a match.
- If you do not get a match, you will not lose coins/money. If money or coins are taken from your account and not replaced, don’t worry, this will be returned to your account within 24 hours.
- To give yourself a better chance to win, you can select from a number of cues. All of these cues have their own different values and strengths. You can select/change cues before or after each game.
- You can see each players profile by clicking on their profile picture during the game. Make sure you do not miss your turn in the meantime!
- There is a chat button on the side of your screen. You can select from a list of words and short comments to communicate with your opponent. More comments and words can be purchased with coins in the shop on the Pool Player App.
- There is a white ball on the top right corner of your screen. Use the red circle as a guideline to help you choose where you would like to hit the white ball before taking a shot.
- The pool cue on the left side of your screen is your main shooting tool. Scroll your cue downwards by placing your finger over the cue and release to take a shot. The lower you scroll down the screen by placing your finger over the cue, the more powerful your shot will be.
- When you pot a ball, you will see the ball travel down the railing on the right hand side of your screen.
- The balls which you have left to pot can be seen under your name and beside your profile picture.
- The winner takes all of the coins/money and the loser gets nothing.
The Unlimited Pool Player Championship
The Unlimited Pool Player Championship is the biggest tournament of the week! And it will run every weekend!!
How does it work?
- Minimum 32 players are required to run this tournament. There is no limit to the number of players allowed to enter the tournament.
- The countdown timer will tell you when the next tournament is ready to start
- You can enter this tournament at any time, during the week, before the tournament begins. All entries will receive a notification when the tournament is going to start.
- If the tournament fails to meet the minimum number of entries to start the tournament, all entries will be automatically refunded to your account.
- When you enter the tournament, you will be matched with another player at random. If you leave any game, you will be knocked out of the tournament.
- It is advised that you make sure that you have a strong internet connection. Pool Player will not be responsible for any losses due to poor connections or any other error that is out of our control.
Develop your skills,
play with friends.
You can play against your friends to help you prepare for the real thing! You can do this by using the practice mode and playing them whilst they are in your company or you can add your friends to your friends list and play them anytime, anywhere. Get all of your friends to sign up and use them for practice so you can improve your skills, improve your ranking and to help you get more victories! More victories means…
More money! €€€